weight: 3.75 lbs. | length: 16.69″
WHAT’S GOING ON IN THERE?
Baby’s bones have fully developed but they are still a bit soft. From week 32 onward, they’ll be getting stronger and stronger and preparing for life on the outside.
What do I need and why?
VITAMIN D is an important buddy nutrient to calcium when it comes to bone health. This important little vitamin helps your body absorb calcium from your diet and works with the bone-building cells (called osteoblasts) to promote bone growth and mineralization.
While it is true that your own body can make Vitamin D through direct sun exposure, our tendencies to cover up in the sun (for good reason!) may limit our natural Vitamin D production 
HOW DO I GET IT?
|fatty fish||fortified orange juice|
Certain fortified foods now come packed with Vitamin D (milk, orange juice) but you can also find a good dose in fatty fish.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Tblsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tblsp melted butter (1/4 stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl to blend.
- Whisk milk, pumpkin, eggs, melted butter and vanilla in a medium bowl to blend well. Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients; whisk just until smooth (batter will be thick).
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Brush with oil if you think your pan needs it (mine did not).
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into hot skillet.
- Cook until bubbles form on surface of pancakes and bottoms are brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Flip over and cook for another 30 seconds or until they are cooked and nicely browned.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with cinnamon sugar or syrup on top of pancakes and a big glass of cold milk!
(Recipe thanks to our friends at First Look, Then Cook!)
BABY BUILDING BLOCKS
1 cup whole milk with Vitamin D = 100 IU
(grab a glass of milk to wash down those pancakes and add another 100 IUs!)
1 cup whole milk with Vitamin D = 276mg
¾ cup pumpkin pie filling = 75mg
Looking for your exact week of pregnancy?
Sign up for our week-by-week Baby Building Blocks Newsletter! It’s the what, when, why and how of prenatal nutrition.